It is true. TMC is like drinking from a fire house. These blogs of TMC15 are really just my own notes of the experience so that I would have a quick reminder of what I found really exciting and also a parking spot for links so I wouldn’t have to go hunt down the links in Twitter.
There is a Wiki with all of the materials …http://twittermathcamp.pbworks.com/w/page/66474056/TMC%20FrontPage
Before we started – It is beautiful
1. AWESOME – Search blogs of MTBOS teachers
2. Cool Geometric shape coloring book – Patterns of the Universe: A Coloring Adventure in Math and Beauty by Alex Bellos and Edmund Harris
3. Personal Whiteboards Organized – velcro buttons on the plastic sleeves –
a. EAI education smart pals –
b. Or use shop ticket holders from Amazon,
4. Give high fives as they walk in (everyday) – Why am I giving a high fives? Because you are doing something awesome – walking in my classroom.
5. 3D Desmos Designs – upload image and have them printed out.
Morning Sessions – DESMOS!
I can’t say until this afternoon what the big announcement is, but ask and you shall receive!
Bank of our Desmos graphs we create – https://sites.google.com/site/desmosbank/
MISC – Cool list of Precalc premade Desmos tools – https://cpm-educational.squarespace.com/pct-etools-videos
Lunch with Timon
– Tarsia puzzle creator – http://www.mmlsoft.com/index.php/products/tarsia
Afternoon Favorites –
– Chris Shore – http://mathprojects.com/author/cshorempj/
– Anna Blinstein – Google Classroom
– Desmos -Make your own Activity builder is coming in August 3rd!
Friday Keynote –
“Math from the heart, not the textbook”
– Poor at developing a teacher community