Morning Desmos Group
Agenda – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uDK-38CTnLfXyenFUtnh3CSW4Wdyq3zDS_Fik2RDVYw/edit
Gifsmos.com – create movable gifs from Desmos graphs.
List of Stats capabilities – http://support.desmos.com/hc/en-us/articles/204311369-Statistics
-Computer Science Teachers Association – http://www.csta.acm.org/
-Use Periscope to live video feed
Afternoon – Keynote: Growing Our Own Practice
– Great teachers –
– Define problems are actionable (not students finish faster than others, but problem is I need richer tasks).TEACHER AGENCY (finding ways blog)
– Representations of practice include more student voice and student perspective. EMPATHIC REASONING (math mistakes blog)
– Interpretive principles focus on connections among teaching, math, and student understanding. ECOLOGICAL THINKING (rafranz Davig?)
—–PollEverywhere used to collect real time poll
-Nix the tricks wiki
– Video Games and Rich Mathematics
– Play even/odds
-Paths to success
— Embrace the Medium –
— Notice and Wonder
– Draw something app – repeat probablility –
– Game of Threes – what is the scoring rule?
MathMagic Session – Art Benjamin
– Has a Ted Talks
– Cool!… Why!